Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"This is How You Lose Her"

This week I want to share a brand new book that just released today. For those unfamiliar with Junot Diaz, he also wrote, "The Brief and Wonderful Life of Oscar Wao". His second book was a collection of short stories called "Drown". Now he's back with his third book: "This is How You Lose Her". I have been waiting for this release all summer and am so eager to get home and start reading.

There is nothing I like more than a fantastic collection of short stories. Lately I have been too busy to start (and finish) a new book. I love being able to pick up a book of short stories, read a few, move on and pick it up again another day (or year).

A good volume of short stories will pack punch after punch. Diaz will do just that.

Today Flavorwire listed "The Cheaters Guide to Love", one of the short stories in this collection, as one of the Ten Greatest Short Stories About Love.

Read some of the reviews for this book on Amazon.

I was instantly caught by the quote at the beginning of the book. The quote is from Sandra Cisneros, author of "The House on Mango Street": 







1 comment: